Guy is selling a ‘73 Chrysler 25hp that is currently running. Before I jump into it, will there be any parts available for these years? Seems to be an older generation that was phased out in the late 70s. Any input on whether it’s a good buy?
Sweet I know it’s an ancient motor but if the compression checks out I just wanna make sure parts are still searchable atleast.Many consumable parts are available.----Visit / call your local Mercury dealer and see if they will help you.-----If you walk in with part numbers and cash it will be different attitude I think.
This is awesome thank you! Any idea the size on props? What was the spline and will any current solas props or anything work? I noticed it was a 2 blade on thoseParts are available, Franz Marine is a good source. He will have all parts that are available, Ebay is another source.
25Hp from 1973-1975 have the same gear case as the 20Hp from late 60:es until 1975. The prop for the 25Hp have a larger pitch then the 20Hp.
1976 Chrysler change the LU on the 25Hp to the larger LU same as 30 and 35Hp.
Many parts for the 30Hp 1973-1975 and 35Hp 1976 and up fits the 25Hp such as the ignition coils, points, condenser etc.