Just shoot me
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- Aug 15, 2006
- Messages
- 2
I need help, I am trying to get this motor to run, after sitting for 13 years. I have rebuilt the fuel pump, all three needles and seats and the water pump. Also new fuel lines and tanks. The engine starts and runs but real rough and seems to be running real rich. I have readjusted the timing going by the book, statically. When I hook up the timing light to #1 and run the engine, the light flutters irratically (not your normal timing light "pulse"). It seems to get worse the more throttle I give it. When I try to go to full throttle it just bogs down, it gets to about 1000 rpm if that. I have also ckecked the point gap, and it is .014. Could this be just a bad distributer cap, wires and rotor or the ignition coil and module. Any help is great Thanks Stew