1971 AristoCraft for sale @Cincy

jbcurt00

Staff member

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/2811288256.html

This came up in my CL search-bot. I know nothing about it, or the owner. Good looking, & if I didn't have a problem finding enough room to work on my FireFlite, I would be interested. I really like the hardtop, mine didn't come with it, although it was an option.

Good luck, hope it finds a good home.

Have a good week

streetrods

Seaman
Re: 1971 AristoCraft for sale @Cincy

I have been talking to the owner...I think it is a pretty decent boat... Has the lower unit off right now..but just needs a bearing kit and bellows.. Wish it was closer to me and had a 165hp

Oldrod 47

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It's been on various c'llist locations since at least late last summer, I think it is over priced for a non-running boat that can not be sea trialed. If you take it to a mechanic you will have another $500 or so in it. Which is what he should do.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yep, over priced for sure. There's one outside of Branson (I think) posted under AristoCraft's too. It's $500, but a barn find & looks like it.

When you want to sell your junk on CL, wouldn't ya at least want it to look as good as possible since everyone is going to want to negotiate? Boat for sale $1 would still get 'can I have it for free?' inquires.

The exception might be for a free boat, then I'd expect to have to dig it out & clean the old leaves & crud off her:D

Anyway, I like the looks of it, but even if it was <$500, I still wouldn't be able to drag it home....

streetrods

Seaman

I looked at the one by Branson.. Way too rough for me.. the gel coat/fiberglass is coming up in chunks on top of the bow and around where you walk around the hardtop... Motor has been taken apart inside the boat as well... It would be good for parts or the top but not for $500

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yep, the same info as before applies to over-priced wrecks. That 1 in Branson is a barn find (and in not a good way) for sure if it's that rough. I don't really care how much you got in it, or what you think just the boat, motor, or trailer is worth seperately. If it needs a $20 part to be worth $2500+, put the part in & see if you can get the $2500.... But I doubt it.....

I am stuck in some sort marine wonderland: The motors & boats are all way over-priced for condition & nobody willing to come down. It's all apparently made partially of gold......... That's why my search bot for CL starts at over 90mi away & goes out, not in towards me searching through CL ads.....

Oh well, back to work, got to work to pay for the project I already have .....

ziggy

Admiral

If you take it to a mechanic you will have another $500 or so in it.
more $'s than that i'd think. the $500 would be the labor for doing it... i did most of that stuff to mine when i got it. bellows, gimble brg, shift cable, drive gear u joint yoke, double brg. set. i had about that much in parts alone. they were labor intensive jobs.

i agree, it'd be better if it had the 165hp engine.

imho, i'd look at this before that.. i think i could get into a funliner... starting with o/b power.. i/o's are labor intensive..

Oldrod 47

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ziggy, the 500 est. would be for bearing, bellows, and the other related rubber parts, in other words the bare minimum. If I bought it, I would do the full service i.e. ujoints, water pump and full reseal. I can get to this boat in about 90 mins drive time and the $ are not a problem, it is just over priced for the present mechanical condition.

You can;t run the tilt because the cylinders are unhooked, I guess you could rig up something to run the engine. It is a "pig in a poke" I would offer a price as if the entire drive train would require rebuild/replace.

I thought about this one but so far have passed on it (prefer 165 anyhow)

My $2worth

Oldrod