1970 60HP S/S Needle Adjustment

rayodunne

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
224
I'm following the instructions in the following thread:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=167352
When I start the engine I move the throttle arm to idle the engine as best I can after backing out the needles 1.5 turns.
I start with the middle carb and adjust it to run smooth as instructed. I then proceed to the bottom carb and I can screw the needle all the way in without the motor stalling or kicking back. Should this happen?
The revs do increase as they should but I don't hit a stall or kick back point.
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: 1970 60HP S/S Needle Adjustment

you may have a float needle sticking, not getting proper fuel to the bottom, whci means it is not getting lubrication.
 

rayodunne

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
224
Re: 1970 60HP S/S Needle Adjustment

Ok will pull that carb tonight to investigate. That whole not getting lubrication statement just scares me. Thanks for your reply.
 
Top