1969 sportcraft

ry3100

Cadet
i am a owner of a 1969 sportcraft 23' cuddy with 140hp mercruiser it is being restored right now interested to speak with any other owners of same boat, only had it out once and motor blew so i decided to go through whole boat while the engine was out. how does the 140 hp do in this size boat, top speed cruise speed those sort of things. thanks for any info!

dpdiver

Cadet
Re: 1969 sportcraft

I have A 1985 sportcraft205 offshore with a 140 seadrive.I have maxed out at 29mph with 1 person on the boat.Ive had 4 people on the boat at once and it was working real hard to stay on plane.for youre boat i would think you need at least of 175 with a 19 pitch prop, a 200 would be better,it wont have to work as hard.

ry3100

Cadet

thanks for the info, i am doing a floor job in the boat right now, i am anxious to get it in the water

edelahousie

Cadet

Just bought a 70 23ft. stormcraft. gutting the boat right now for restoration.Make sure you check the floor, stringers and main fuel tank.When i bought it they said the floor had a few bad spots. What a understatement. From the seats aft towards the engine its al wasted.Floor and stringers. When I got to the fuel tank it was covered in saturated foam. I started cleaning it off and discovered holes in the top of tank.Looks like i'll be pulling the engine to check underneath. Better be safe then sorry.

ry3100

Cadet

Hey, i with ya, once i dug into my nightmare i put all new stringers new foam new floor new paint new engine, man, my budget was gone when i cut the first hole in the floor, i', getting close now though