1969 mercury 110 9.8 go fuel pump .

jonomustang

Cadet
Here is my issue. The plastic piece on the fuel pump where file line screws into is cracked. In process of using plastic weld products to fix it. Because I cannot find another part or complete fuel pump. I can however find rebuild kits but that doesn't fix the cracked plastic casing. Any ideas? Or is there an alternative fuel pump I can use?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Your location ?-----If I was struggling with a Mercury pump I would simply fit / install another pump.-----Say one off a 1984 Johnson model 9.9 HP.----These diaphragm pumps are simple and all work the same way.

Last edited:

jonomustang

Cadet
Man thank you so much.. I didn't know which pumps work with others. I can change just about any part just not sure of the technical side of the parts itself. Do you have other pumps that would fit.. what about an earlier or later model Mercury 110 9.8?

jonomustang

Cadet
Your location ?-----If I was struggling with a Mercury pump I would simply fit / install another pump.-----Say one off a 1984 Johnson model 9.9 HP.----These diaphragm pumps are simple and all work the same way.
I'm in south Louisiana.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Some will argue------It is very simple to install a pump like one off a 9.9 Johnson / Evinrude.----That is what I would do !

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
mercury used variations of the same pump for as many years as johnnyrude used their version.

they both bought them from Walbro and other sources back then

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Newer Mercury pumps may well be part of the carburetor itself.----A Johnson / Evinrude fuel pump is an elegantly easy solution.