1967 johnson 9.5 carb kit

Dbailey

Seaman
Trying to install a carb kit for the first time...<br />I removed the carb and separated the float body from the carb body. Removed the drain plug in the float body. My question regards the removal of the high speed orifice. I am not exactly sure what this is. Does it thread into the float body and the drain plug thread into the orifice?? This is what I gather from looking at the exploded view in the manual. I have very little experience with this sort of thing, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.<br />Dustin

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1967 johnson 9.5 carb kit

Dbailey... The high speed jet is actually called a high speed orifice. However usually everybody simply refers to them as fixed jets.<br /><br />The high speed jet is threaded back within the float chamber. The drain/access plug simply threads into the the extreme forward portion of the float chamber.<br /><br />Take care in attempting to remove the jet. If there's any question as to its removal, leave it where it is and carefully scrape it clean with a piece of solid wire.

Dbailey

Seaman
Re: 1967 johnson 9.5 carb kit

Thanks Joe...<br />I see what you are saying after looking at it again. I tried to remove it with a screwdriver, but it does not want to turn. I will try scraping it out. I then just spray carb cleaner in right? Thanks again for the help.<br />Dustin