FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1967 Sea King 9.2 HP. VWB 27909 It won’t pump water. I’ve checked the water pump and impeller and they both work. I’ve also cleaned all the water lines from the bottom of the engine to the gear case. Please help me figure out what’s wrong
Post #1 says water pump and impeller "both work". At the same time you said it "won't pump water". Confusing, to say the least. How do you know the pump works if it won't pump?
Let's start at the beginning. Where are you running this thing? On a boat on the lake? On muffs? In a bucket?
I’ve have ran it in Galveston bay and in an bucket. I know the water pump works because I took the lower unit off and put it in a bucket and put a drill on the drive shaft and turned it and it pumped water. I know none of the lines are clogged up because I shot compressed air up through it and it went through. The only other explanation I can think of is that there a hole in the tube going from the water pump to the engine. Thanks for your responses!