1966 8teen up for grabs

imstriker

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, I'm giving up for now. I thought this would be a good project since the boat was so darn adorable looking. However, I failed to realize that I was about 2 projects over my head already :). I'm restoring an Austin-Healey Sprite at the moment and really don't need another project sitting there. So, I thought I'd put this out to this group first. It's a 1966 (so they say) 8teen with a Merc 120. The hull is in great shape and the title is valid and signed open at the moment. The top is good also, although the vinyl back cover is a little shrunk. The controls seem to work...

The top layer of fiberglass is intact but cracking in many places. Upholstery largely cracked and shot, especially on seat bottoms. Mechanicals are bad. The outdrive is probably a total loss. It's got physical breaks, a spinning prop and it's stuck on. Not sure on the engine, it just clicks at the moment but that could just be the outdrive.

It's definitely a project for someone who really wants an 8teen or need a top or something. It's in the Indianapolis area on a trailer. If you have any interest please let me know/make me an offer. Otherwise I'll throw it up on Craigslist or try to salvage it. Pictures are at:
http://www.itookthisonmyphone.com/imstriker/Aristocraft

imstriker

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1966 8teen up for grabs

Hey guys... Sorry to be bothersome. Just trying to help out if anyone is interested in an 8teen or parts. I've got a salvage place who will take the boat and give me a little money. I may just let it go off to them. If anyone wants it, I've got $500 in it and it's all yours.