1963 razorback ski boat

terry2626

Seaman
I have a 1963 razor back ski boat, and was wondering if anyone had a wireing diagram for the lights? I have looked at the only website i could find on these boats, but it was not much help. so any help would be great thanks. It has the front blue and red light and the rear white light.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1963 razorback ski boat

There Aren't any Brand Specfic Wiring Diagrams around that I've Seen..........<br /><br />What you're looking to do,.... Is the Most Basic Wiring there Is,........<br /><br />Take Battery Power to a Switch,... To the Appliance,.... And a Return path to the Battery's Negative for the Ground leg........

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

You don't need a wiring diaragram, boats are the simplest things on earth to wire, especially boats of your vintage. If you are rewiring, I recommend you get a breaker panel that has individual switches and breakers for each seperate function. Use marine grade wire, solder/crimp/seal each connection and you will be okay. You have a pretty simple wiring layout. Bow light, stern light, horn, bilge pump, and maybe a radio if so inclined. Very easy. Good luck...

terry2626

Seaman

thanks guys i was not sure if could be wired liked that or had to go somewhere else. To keep from running the battery dead. thanks for the help.

terry2626

Seaman

thanks guys i was not sure if could be wired liked that or had to go somewhere else. To keep from running the battery dead. thanks for the help.

Realgun

Commander

No Diagram need however the is a rule you need to follow-<br /><br />A circuit breaker must be used in the + line no more than 7 inches from the battery. And there is an exception but it still needs to be there no matter if you have a fuse in the line at the circuit panel or before the switch, light, etc.<br /><br />Don't make me find the whole rule guys.<br /><br />And this needs to be in the electrical section.