FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I’m not getting spark on my outboard I was told it ran two years ago. I need some troubleshooting advice what would be the first thing you would do to get the spark issue fixed
Magneto type ignition, I believe. Four small bolts to remove unit in one piece. Can't get out of time, one blind spline. Clean n reset point gap to .008". Be careful with parts, expensive and hard to find.
DO NOT put 12+volts to the terminal on the side - this is grounded to stop engine, check for a ground wire from block to magneto case, lightly sand the points then clean them with alcohol.