1962 15hp Sea King is it same as Evinrude/Johnson?

aeviaanah

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
77
Looking for the some replacement parts for my 1962 15HP Sea King. This particular model was manufactured by Gale.

I need con rod bearing, piston rings and possibly gaskets.

Thanks
 

F_R

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
28,226
Re: 1962 15hp Sea King is it same as Evinrude/Johnson?

It is very similar with some differences. If you are considering that 1955 15hp, look out. They made some lemons that year.

Hey, I told you the part numbers for those parts and where to get them, and even offered you a parts book. Last chance before I bow out. Free advice only lasts as long as my patience. FYI, I was a full time outboard mechanic for a Gale dealer when that motor was built. I think I know what I'm talking about.
 
Top