1960's Duracraft

Picked up this boat from a family member who had it sitting out in the woods for awhile. It's mated with a Mercury 58ae with the quicksilver controls. Motor turns over but I haven't tried any more than that. Sad news is there's no trace of the windshield but everything else appears in working order. The upholstery unfortunately was more or less disentigrated and rotting, had to be removed with a shovel. I've started with the tear down and removed a few poorly installed aftermarket parts.

Any knowledgeable individuals recognize what model this is? Registration has it listed as a 1960, I was told its a 1963 and the serial # is 16007

Attachments

• duracraft.jpg
    duracraft.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0

North Beach

Commander
Re: 1960's Duracraft

DL. I don't know anything about it but, that a really cool looking boat. Any more pics?

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

An early I-4 Merc, probably 45 or 50 hp. Had a 73 Merc 500 that was a real champ, later model and different ingnition but it ran well and was reliable. Someone who know more about Mercs of that era will come along soon and chime in.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll have some more pics up in a bit. Can't find any of the pics of what it looked like when I first found it.

Edit: I have some more pics up here http://domminickkennen.com/blog/2009/05/08/new-boat-pics/

I'll work on getting them resized and posted in here later.

Tried starting her up for the first time last night and there appears to be fuel leaking from around the fuel pump assembly. Got a friend coming over this weekend who knows more about such things than I do. So till then I get to look and see what parts I can find online for the motor.

Other than that it's just been more work trying to get the boat cleaned out, still smells like the rotting upholstery and mold.