1960ish Sea King by montgomery wards

kelwendee

Seaman Apprentice
any other sea king owners on a project? Id very much like to see a couple of pictures of any.I got mine gutted and thought id request your thoughts. I dont own a digital camera yet but maybe at the rate im going ill have one befor this thing floats again.<br />Mike D, I seen you posted a something about a sea king do you have any pics floating around any where. <br />thanks and I love this forum very informative

imported_miked

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1960ish Sea King by montgomery wards

Hello kel, I have a 1963 Sea King 16' vee hull. It is in need of a restoration, but is still seaworthy. The only pic's I have in my computer right now are of the windshield, which is in very poor condition. If you know what you need to see, I can easily email pics of other parts. Good luck, and welcome to iboats. Lot's of great people here, always willing to help.

kelwendee

Seaman Apprentice

thanks mike d<br />My sea king, date unknown. registration says 00 and tag is barley readable on boat but I have the serial 64G 5960 and model 60 9107.The motor is not original it is a 66 90 hp johnson electromatic. I am assuming by the #s that it is a 1960? I cant find any info on it other than chetek boats made gobs of wards boats.<br />it is 16 foot deep vee fiberglass. the hull has spray lines running the length of the hull and about 3" apart at 1/2" depth each step up. seems pretty thin side walls on hull. <br />the boats interior was completly gutted when i got it. So I was hopeing to find some info or pics of the interior, and in general would like to see one complete. the floor was rotton so ive got most of it up. it had a fiberglass weave and wooden runners with 1/4 0r 3/8 ply on top and glassed over. that is what my other post is about. comtemplating putting a solid composit floor instead of the old system and cap it with ply and glass. I like the old thing and I already own it might as well fix it right instead of buy another and end up with the same problems. the fella took a hack saw to the window bracket mount and sawed the screws off. but I had the complete windsheld assembley until a wind syorm threw it accros the yard and shattered the pexyglass. then moving somehow it has come up missing frame and all.Still cant figure that one out.<br />so any info would be grate, and any suggestions for the floor replacement, thanks Ben<br /><br />oh and one more thing it has the original monkey wards trailor with tag model 9072R serial 46X-70662 trailor cpaacity 1200 lbs.

Dan48

Recruit

I have a 1959 Seaking that I bought last year. It needs a lot of work. I installed remote control for the motor and new seats. Yesterday after bringing it home from the lake I found a hole in the bottom right below where the rear seat is. Someone had slapped some Bondo on it and called it good. I'm thinking of cutting a square out of the top of the seat support so I can repair the hole from the inside. I think that the trailer is the original that came with the boat in 59.I just realized that I can't attach photos to this message but once I figure out how this forum works I can send some pictures of the boat. dandempsey@comcast.net

gewf631

Chief Petty Officer

Did you try the FiberGlassics site? They've got a section on Sea King's, over here with a few pics and some brochures from the late 50's and early 60's

kelwendee

Seaman Apprentice

thanks boys,<br />I have been to fiberglassic they have a small section of sea kings with brouchers from 59 to 60, and one picture of one in use. the ads show frames in the boats for 59 to 60. mines all fiberglass and frameless.I also tryed to email them at fiberglassic about chetek boats. they made gobs of wards boats, but there email went to a error page. <br />Mike D and Dan 48 if you dont mind emailing a look at your boats, id very much appreciate it. yours Mike D is of 63 vintage maybe its closer to what I have. Id like to see a side view and interer if you have them or any that you liked to send please. and Dan 48 yours is probly on the brochure from fiberglassic but id like to see just to confirm. if you boys dont mind. <br />thanks, Ben<br />kelwendee@aol.com <br />oh any more suggestions on ID please lay it on me

prockvoan

Chief Petty Officer

Guys,I have a 1958 sea king 5hp motor,all I know is that it has about 100 running hours on it,it looks like new.Anything on this?