1960 Texas Maid

sardoc31

Recruit
I bought a Deep v-hull Aluminum 16 foot 1960 Texas Maid that is completely stripped. I have flipped the empty hull on the cancer ridden trailer and started to prep it for paint. The Aluminum is in amazing shape with little corrosion and 6 small holes from wear. I am having some difficulty locating any information on the Texas Maid fleet. I am starting to wonder how rare this boat may be. So, in the interest of preservation I'd like to rebuild this boat back to its original glory. Any info is appreciated. Thanx

Last edited:

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral
Re: 1960 Texas Maid

Man, I wish they'd get fiberglassics.com back up. They had some great info on Texas Maids. They were made in Fort Worth, Tejas, I think, and are great boats. I used to think they were kinda rare, but when I really started looking I noticed quite a few of them around. I've got a 62-63 15-foot Impala, the smaller cousin to yours...which may be a Fiesta if it's truly a 16-foot. The Fiestas have two portholes on each side of the bow and a pop-up hatch in the front top-deck. I'll check to see if I still have any of the TM brochures that I saved when fiberglassics.com was up and running. If so, I'll post them later today. Here's a link to my web site, so you can see mine before and during its refit/restoration...hope to finish her up this spring:
www.acmeoutboards.com

Bondo

Staff member

I am starting to wonder how rare this boat may be.

Ayuh,.... It's Old,.. More so than Rare.....

sardoc31

Recruit

Thanx for the info so far, Here are some exterior pic. After the next coat I 'll show the interior of the hull. Take it easy and be safe.

Attachments

• re boat.jpg
    re boat.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
  • re boat2.jpg
    re boat2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
  • the cancer.jpg
    the cancer.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0

sardoc31

Recruit

I put on another coat of paint on the hull only I screwed up and used a poly roller because the fury rollers left all kinds of crazy trash behind; now I have no shine just a flat white :)mad:). I got a Mako bow rail and it looks ok on it. Now that the exterior looks half way decent and my wife is talking to me again; so,its time to start with the interior. Any thoughts as to what lights to run so I can start the wiring?

Attachments

• Hull done.jpg
    Hull done.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • interio.jpg
    interio.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1960 texas maid hull2.jpg
    1960 texas maid hull2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

redeye1962

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just curious. What are you going to do with the port holes. can you find the gaskets the original port holes came with?

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

He hasn't posted since March...hope all is well on that project. If he opts to put a windshield on it, it may not work with that bow rail...cool-looking rail though. I like that model...the Fiesta...but have always wondered how well the old port holes hold up and how you might replace them. You'd probably have to make your own new gaskets...necessity is the mother of invention. There's a 20-ft TM like yours on the Dallas CL right now...sitting in Maypearl Tejas...looks complete, including windshiled, but hard to tell from the pix.

tomwoodard00

Recruit

i have an old tex. maiden.........it has fins on the back like some old cadlac(sp)..........any you got any info?........any you got is more than i have......made in 1960 .......got the pink on it out and still dont have much info.....

can any one tell me how the seats were attched to the floor?,,,mine are held up with shelving braces......by the way...i didnt but them in..........

Last edited: