1960 40hp Evenrude Lark II Flush Kit

Is there a way to run a flush kit off of my hose or do I need to always fill up a barrel to run the engine?<br />Is the water intake the small screen located just above the cavitation plate or is it within the housing above?

boatin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1960 40hp Evenrude Lark II Flush Kit

You can find an adapter that screws on to your hose very cheap at Walmart boat section. The suction cups fit on both sides of your engine......and yes, I believe you have located them correctly. They usually have screens to keep the trash out.

Paul Moir

Admiral

Practically, yes. The water intake is the screened are on the thing behind the propeller. The opposite side is the exhaust. Needless to say, normal "muffs" don't fit. There used to be an attachment that hooked to the anti-ventilation plate, but they're rare. Perhaps a Johnny/Evinrude dealer could help.<br />The thing on the side is water related - it's a relife for the water pump if the pressure from the propeller is too high (I think). Anyway, normally water comes out those holes.

Lark40

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You can still buy a special flusher designed for your engine.<br /><br />Reading off the box: Tempo Motor Flusher<br /><br />Part no. 380020 Model no. 917 TFA<br /><br />Bought mine in 2001 from WestMarine on special order. Cost about $30.

Thank you all for the help.<br />I will purchase the proper flusher kit.