196 Invader...

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 196 Invader...

Yep,<br />the 171 CC Reefrunner. I was told it is vintage 1992...?<br />

bipbip

Recruit

Hi own an invader 16v outboard MWK serie 1988- mercury 80 hp oil injected. Belgium - boat build in Giddings texas - Invader giddings out of business since 92 - still looking for pics and booklets of original hull and version . if anyone has something ..even pics are welcome .
Friendly yours
Bill
Belgium

Compaqp1

Seaman Apprentice

Do you have a pic of this boat, if so I would love to see it. I own a 1971 but it's in pretty rough shape. Having trouble with the 67 Johnson 60 horse but hopefully can figure it out.

KsYankee

Recruit

Also a pic of my '88 MWK 18' Invader Bowrider, 165 hp (3.7l) inline four (460 ci head?).

http://invaderboatjh.blogspot.com/

Runs great and all day on 1/4 tank. 50 mph w/ one + tailwind! lol

Any other info out there on Invader stuff would be appreciated....

wcsparky05

Petty Officer 1st Class

same as mine i think but mine is '89 blue/white i/o 4 cyl 3 litre 120/140 hp. great engine! starts every time! i'm lovin it!

92 Invader

Cadet

Hi, just bought a 1992 165 bowrider Invader. Anyone have any idea about the quality of construction on these boats?

This one is almost mint condition with the merc 3.0 I/O

Thanks,
John

3810daryl

Recruit

Hey all, just bought a 1988 Invader 17' w/85hp Force. Already repalcing starte and plugs and fuel lines and...and...haha! Such is boat ownership. The boat itself is nice and well looked after, but I have alota questions. For example, how do i find out if its a 170 or 171 series? Was Invader its own brand or were they owned/built b y a parent company? There seems to be alota inconsistancies and urban myths surrounding this company. I dont really care, but its good info to have. Also, are there any Canucks here? I live in Alberta and would like to get to know and maybe start an Invader Owners Club or something.

rowdiebryan

Recruit

I just bought a 1974 invader, closed bow. any info anyone? Floor is trash, would lvoe some inside pics of the older boats. also, anyone know anything about the 165 hp inline 6?

Thanks.

Bryan

KIKSTART

Recruit

Hello All.... I have just purchased one cool looking boat... THe title says it is a 1961 Invader. It is closed Bow, and 15' long... Anyone have any information on this boat? I would really like to get the specs on it. Thanks!!!

92 Invader

Cadet

From another post it seems that the Invader Co. in North Texas started in 1966. However, I do not know this first hand soooo.....take it for what it's worth!

KIKSTART

Recruit

Yup... I see that... I took a look for the serial number last night, and saw it printed very clearly on the hull... This is a 1961 Invader made in Giddings Texas. So now, I guess the story has changed :) another good thing about the tag... It says it is rated for another 20 hp than what I've got... (max 60hp).... Now, what I would like to know, How much UMPH does it take to pull someone out of the water with skis??? I've always been behind a REAL ski boat for this, but I would like to begin teaching my kids with this little boat. If 40hp alone won't do it... What can I do to get more out of it???

92 Invader

Cadet

Alot is going to depend on the weight of the boat and the weight of your kids.

Depending on the boat, there are usually things like trim tabs and hydrofins that will help get it up out of the water and plane out faster.

You can also try swapping out props, but you better know what you're doing here or you can really mess things up.

My suggestion would be to take them out and see. Take a tube just in case the skis don't work and they will still have fun!

John-NH

Recruit

Just bought a 1994 Invader Bowrider in excellent condition. Has a 115HP 3.0 Merc Cruiser also. I have a couple of questions if you can answer them.

1. Where do you get parts, cataloque, owner's manual? I have engine catalogue, very helpful.

2. Is this really a Volvo engine?

:cool:

John-NH

trainman786

Recruit

John--

I used to work for Invader years ago at the Giddings (TX) plant and still have a *lot* of manuals and such from my time there. They're in storage but I'll be glad to take a look for them and will photocopy and e-mail to you.

Jim

sagrzmnky

Cadet

John--

I used to work for Invader years ago at the Giddings (TX) plant and still have a *lot* of manuals and such from my time there. They're in storage but I'll be glad to take a look for them and will photocopy and e-mail to you.

Jim
I am also in San Antonio and would sure like some info on my boat. I just bought it 3 wks ago. It is a 1988 bowrider with a 4.3 Mercruiser and Alpha one outdrive. I have been trying to find a top for it but finding parts and accessories is not easy.