1958 Jupiter ??

64osby

Admiral
After I screwed up and did not act quick enough on a 1971 startrek V 18'. I have been looking around for another Starcraft. I have sipped the Kool Aid as some have stated.

This was listed as a 17' Starcraft and motor, CL pics were.starcraft lud.jpgstarcraft lud (1).jpgstarcraft lud (11).jpg

Listed for $500 with a running 70hp Johnson. It was listed on the 29th

I called the next day and spoke to the woman selling it. She said they had grown up sking behind it and had just bought a new boat for the family cabin.

I asked about the interior and asked for pics, she said she would send some when the rain stopped. She also said it leaked a little.

The day goes on and big storms roll through, my internet goes out and I don't get any pics.

7-1 - I call again and she sends pics more on next post

starcraft lud (9).jpgstarcraft lud (10).jpg

64osby

Admiral
Re: 1958 Jupiter ??

More pics
starcraft lud (4).jpgstarcraft lud (7).jpgstarcraft lud (3).jpgstarcraft lud (5).jpgstarcraft lud (8).jpg

I call her back after I get the pics downloaded, Internet still screwing up took over an hour to download. She tells me someone is coming within the hour to look at it :( I live 3 hours away :eek:

Next morning, today, post is removed.:( Listed and sold within 2 days. The Johnson was worth the asking price. Do you have to buy these sight unseen?

I looked through Huron's brochure post, It's a little hard to tell but I think this was something like a 1958 Jupiter. What do you think?

No splashwell was pretty interesting, gives a lot more room in the boat.

I have quickly become a big fan of Starcrafts and am hoping I can find a 16 or 18' open bow that I can put my 135 Evinrude behind.

I learning quickly that low priced Starcrafts don't last long. Unless thay are an I/O with a bad motor or outdrive. I would love to find a cheap way to convert one of those.

I'll keep looking, along with all of you.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

HHhmmmmmm...

I'm pretty sure that one there is a different breed than Starcraft. Hey same metal boat family though so you are definitely headed in the right direction!

Keep at it, you'll grab one:)

64osby

Admiral

She said it was a Starcraft, I didn't post this on it has a couple letters.
starcraft lud (2).jpg

Then here is the 1958 pic of a jupiter.
Starcraftb 1958 009.jpg

The literature also shows no splashwell.
Starcraft 1958 010.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, I think I may have been wrong there, eh.

I guess I didn't pay much attention to your date, that is an early Starcraft!

I suppose we see late 60's, and lot's of 70's vintage around here.

Cheers!

64osby

Admiral

Jas - I took a few hours to come up with that guess, to seller said it was 17', I can't find a 17' boat that early only 16', Hurons info and fiberglassics have some good early info.

You know towns we live in are the 2 biggest pollution producing cities in Michigan, Dow and Upjohn/Phizer. You have to love deep well injection for disposal:facepalm:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I figure my immune system is just really strong by now, so it's really great.

And hey, no long term effects:)

Twitch, twitch, drool.......

:eek:

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

More pics
View attachment 101133View attachment 101134View attachment 101135View attachment 101136View attachment 101137

I call her back after I get the pics downloaded, Internet still screwing up took over an hour to download. She tells me someone is coming within the hour to look at it :( I live 3 hours away :eek:

Next morning, today, post is removed.:( Listed and sold within 2 days. The Johnson was worth the asking price. Do you have to buy these sight unseen?

I looked through Huron's brochure post, It's a little hard to tell but I think this was something like a 1958 Jupiter. What do you think?

No splashwell was pretty interesting, gives a lot more room in the boat.

I have quickly become a big fan of Starcrafts and am hoping I can find a 16 or 18' open bow that I can put my 135 Evinrude behind.

I learning quickly that low priced Starcrafts don't last long. Unless thay are an I/O with a bad motor or outdrive. I would love to find a cheap way to convert one of those.

I'll keep looking, along with all of you.

My first post on here was "Someone bought my boat", I lost one or two myself. Hang in there, you'll get one.

Go for an 18 footer, that 135 is too big for a 16'.

64osby

Admiral

My first post on here was "Someone bought my boat", I lost one or two myself. Hang in there, you'll get one.

Go for an 18 footer, that 135 is too big for a 16'.

18', That's what I hope for, I figure I know my wifes limit now so no looking back.

Jas
I know you mentioned you already have a nice OB ready to go.

Tell ya what, if you have the guts to put an OB bracket on, or cut the transom to fit, this is your bird...

http://flint.craigslist.org/boa/2457579053.html

I was waiting on a call back on this

http://jxn.craigslist.org/boa/2467982051.html

I figure even if it's a complete failure to retro fit, Between the trailer and the scrap Alum I could recover my cost, just not the time.

64osby

Admiral

I figure my immune system is just really strong by now, so it's really great.

And hey, no long term effects:)

Twitch, twitch, drool.......

:eek:

I remember fishing Upjohn ponds as a kid, the foam sludge and the 3 eyed fish :eek:

YachtSea2

Cadet

Hi there, Im about 99% done with my 1958 Starcraft Jupiter and from what i can tell that is definately a 58 Jupiter. Even the screws on the dash are in the exact same place as mine. Transome supports, floor trim, steering wheel, speedo. I have finally got onto iboats, sure wish I could have got on during my resto as Im sure I could have use the help. Still cany find replacement white step pads...oh well I will. Thanks for the pics, I'll try to attach some myself.
Brett
Linda side view.jpg

YachtSea2

Cadet

Here are some additional pics of Linda, my 58 Jupiter...found her in a barn in Kansas and had her shipped to Scottsdale, AZ on 01/03/11. I stripped her down and started the redo. I added a rear seat (with speaker) and a rear cargo area as well as a front cargo area and side panels. The teak and holly made all the difference inthe world. Hope you enjoy them.
Brett
View attachment 110541View attachment 110542View attachment 110543View attachment 110544View attachment 110545

Bighoss

Petty Officer 1st Class

What a cool boat! Is that the earliest model posted? Just curious..

64osby

Admiral

YachhSea2 - That is absolutely beautiful.

You should start your own thread and show it off. I'm sure the Starmada would love to see some renovation pictures if you have them.