FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi, I am wondering if a lower unit from a 1953 QD14 10 hp Johnson will fit on a 1958 QD19 10 hp Johnson. I am restoring the 58 and i am new to this. Can anyone help?
I'm pretty sure it will not fit but I forget why. I have both of those engines. In fact, I have several QD19's, all with bad LU's. They were not of a good design that year.
Thank you to those who responded to my question about the 1958 Johnson lower unit. It helped to keep me from making a purchase that would not have worked. Again thank you. I will keep you all posted on my project.