FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1957 fd 11 18 hp johnson that I need the upper bypass cover for can't seem to find on on ebay or craigs list any ideas where I can find a new one or a used one.
John
You could go to http://www.aomci.org/ and talk to some of the guys on there, that's where I've found some parts for my 55, Samo Ott is also a guy on these forums that has quite a collection of outboards and parts, he may be able to help.
You could go to http://www.aomci.org/ and talk to some of the guys on there, that's where I've found some parts for my 55, Samo Ott is also a guy on these forums that has quite a collection of outboards and parts, he may be able to help.
Yup - good place to find anything. Post a want-ad on their "Webvertize". I have a 100% success rate finding things there. I just found a gas cap for a 1957 Brooklure, and had a response within two days.
Not sure if this will help, but I have the covers off of a Johnny 10 hp circa '56. May not be the same but could be. Yours if you want 'em. PM if you find they'll fit.