1957 Evinrude fleetwin 7.5 hp piston rings where to buy them

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi where can I get rings for this engine . I found the gasket kit but have not found the rings . Where can I buy them at . and any optons I may have to fix my engine the right way .

BobnTed

Cadet
Re: 1957 Evinrude fleetwin 7.5 hp piston rings where to buy them

duckland23, Those parts haven't been made since the 1950's. They're very difficult to find anymore. Someone here may have some. If not I have a set of 2 standard pistons & 2 standard rings in NOS. Also have a 1 NOS rod. I was to rebuild a 7.5hp 1956 but it never came to pass. It took me several months to hunt these parts down. Let me know if your interested.

jbjennings

Captain

Gee whiz,
You've got 4 open threads on this same motor!!! Here's a link to some pistons rings: http://www.nymarine.ca/pistonrings.htm

Still think you need to rebuild?? You'll need some allen wrench heads with a socket adapter on them to attach to your torque wrench to torque the rod bolts correctly. I really wish you'd save yourself the time, money, and headache of a rebuild instead of just finding out the actual problem with your motor. You've never gotten an accurate compression measurement and by your own account the cylinders don't look bad. If the cylinders look good, it's unlikely that you've got bad compression. It's usually obvious by scratches and gouges on the walls that you can easily feel with a fingernail if compression is bad.
I could be wrong........
JBJ

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks for the reply to my post sorry about the other threads on hear . I have all the tool your talking about anen key socket set . I ned to post a picture for you to see for your self .

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys I called evinrude and they have a replacment piston rings for my engine . The old stock number is no more , They need to call the factory for the cross reference numbers to the new part numbers . But you can get the stardard set for around 40.00 dollars . the old number 2002524 is the old number ,your dealer should have the new numbers if he calls the factory . I wanted to post that for the people if they need to .

FleetwinJoe

Recruit

Hey guys I called evinrude and they have a replacment piston rings for my engine . The old stock number is no more , They need to call the factory for the cross reference numbers to the new part numbers . But you can get the stardard set for around 40.00 dollars . the old number 2002524 is the old number ,your dealer should have the new numbers if he calls the factory . I wanted to post that for the people if they need to .
Duckland, were you able to find a new (old part number 202524) piston ring part number for the 1957 Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5HP? I have the same motor am got all my internals except rings, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.