1957 evinrude fleetwin 7.5 hp fuel lines size

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was wondering what size are the fuel lines on this evinrude fleetwin 7.5 hp . They have some find of plastic fuel lines on it , I was wondering if its ok on there . I dont want it to melt on me or have problems on the water . Im going upload a picture of the fuel line the person has on the motor , I did'nt install those lines . I like rubber or are they ok the plastic like fuel lines ok . Well here's the pictures of them .

Evinrudefleetwin75003.jpg

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1957 evinrude fleetwin 7.5 hp fuel lines size

It would be the same size as the dual line fuel hose that leads from the connector to the fuel tank... 3/8" outside diameter.

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The fuel lines I presently have on there are they safe to use . Just wondering so . I dont want a fire on me .

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Im not really sure what they are made of? The new fuel line is ethanol proof.

I think the actual size is supposed to be 5/32, but I use 3/16 fuel line on them, as I buy it by the 100' roll.

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Solved I got fuel line from autozone and it worked out fine . Its ethanol free lines , meaning its not going to rot or get eaten up by the gas as they claim . I cant remember the size but it fit in the hole and should work out fine . I removed that plastic fuel line that someone placed on there . It looked like it was from a fish tank air pump . But I think they use something like this on lanwmowers .