1956 Evinrude 3hp Lightwin - Did I buy the wrong Carb Kit??

chad101

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
40
According the merchant's website, this kit should work for my carburetor.

http://www.boatsportandtackle.com/servlet/the-1051/CARBURETOR-KIT-WITH-FLOAT/Detail

Yet, I cannot find any other references online stating this is the correct kit. Everyone else (forums, blogs, various e commerce sites) say this kit was designed for Johnson Evinrude 650253 1965 6hp carburetors.

I hope I didn't drop $25 on the wrong kit...
 

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
4,721
Re: 1956 Evinrude 3hp Lightwin - Did I buy the wrong Carb Kit??

Original post deleted .

Yes same kit fits both. Sierra 18-7043 or Mallory 9-37106.

But the above dont include the float which it looks as though you have.

Floats are the same .. I already checked those
 

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
4,721
Re: 1956 Evinrude 3hp Lightwin - Did I buy the wrong Carb Kit??

No the float does not appear to be listed by either Sierra or Mallory

Listed in the OEM spares though part no 375919 at $9.53
 

chad101

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
40
Re: 1956 Evinrude 3hp Lightwin - Did I buy the wrong Carb Kit??

No the float does not appear to be listed by either Sierra or Mallory

Listed in the OEM spares though part no 375919 at $9.53

Knowing that; I wish I would have asked before I jumped the gun. Could have saved myself some $$. :mad:
 
Top