1956 aluminun sea king

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
does anyone know who made boats for monkey wards back in the 50's? i have a 1956 13'9" aluminum sea king with a "v" bottom. no tag to be found any where. my plan is to strip off the brushed on finish and buff the whole outside of the boat like we do on semi tractor wheels. shine shine shine :D .thought about rhino coating th inside also.any pros of cons would be appreciated.<br />thanx in advance<br />also have a 55 johnson 5 1/2 i'm trying to make run, somewhat of an origional combo.<br />skeez :)

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1956 aluminun sea king

Wow. That's a great project.<br /><br />The bad thing about polished Aluminum is that it doesn't want to stay polished.<br /><br />But, look to the Pontoon folks. They have some new age waxes/coatings that will keep it looking like you just got done polishing it for months and months.<br /><br /><br />Rino Liner is great, but it weighs a ton.<br /><br />If you use it at all, you might think about just putting it in the places where you step or walk on the bottom of the hull. Doing it all up and down the sides seems like a waste of money, and adds a lot of weight for no reason*.<br /><br />*<br />extra weight means less gas mileage, the engine has to work harder to go the same speed as it could without it, lower freeboard, and poor(er) handeling since the boat sits lower in the water.

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1956 aluminun sea king

thanx for the thoughts winger, i hadn't thought of the weight issue. the 5 1/2 hp johny doesn't pop the old boat up on plane the best anyway.i thought the lack of paint and the presence of wax on the underside might make her go through the water easier. or possibly i am fooling myself