1939-1940 Johnson 2.5hp HS-10

Vintage Boat Guy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
162
Here's a question for the experts, I have a 1939 or 1940 Johnson 2.5hp HS-10. I was given this motor my a friend and the motor belonged to her grandfather. I've so far got it unseized, it has spark now, I'm missing a piece for the carb that would govern the throttle. Is this motor worth repairing? Or is it a wall hanger?
 

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
20,826
Re: 1939-1940 Johnson 2.5hp HS-10

Google the antique outboard motor association. They may help you.
 

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
10,486
Re: 1939-1940 Johnson 2.5hp HS-10

Condition will be everything. Do you have any pics?

It is a 1940.

Ill look to see if I have a HA parts motor, cannot remember off hand.
 

Vintage Boat Guy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
162
Re: 1939-1940 Johnson 2.5hp HS-10

The motor is in ok condition and has half the original decal in great shape.
 

Vintage Boat Guy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
162
Re: 1939-1940 Johnson 2.5hp HS-10

Are these motors hard to find new parts for ?
 
Top