FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Good afternoon,
I have a 18xd that runs great, but i need a control platform, 12863a1. I cant find one anywhere, even on ebay. Does anyone know where to find one?
Much appreciated.
Basically, the throttle and shift cables run to the platform, which is cast aluminum. There are plastic cams on the plate which rotate, and move the shift rod and throttle plate rod..
As Boater states, your best bet is to look at the salvage yards in the forum and contact one of them for the throttle-shift linkage parts you need. You will otherwise have look at local boat motor dealers near you . JMO
Oldman570
It is an 84 merc 18xd, on a misty river WD14. I am considering going to remote controls and remote steer if i could find a complete setup locally. I can weld/fab and it would be sweet to convert it to a centre console setup. I mostly use this boat in the river.
Back to searching after everywhere was closed for the holidays.