180SE 1990 Owner in Cincinnati OH.

BrettBBonner

Recruit
Hi - I have one I bought new in 1991. It has a 4.3L Alpha one. Over the years, I have:

1. Added a fishfinder
2. Added a GPS
3. Added Oversize (12"x18") Trim Tabs
4. Modified the lower unit
5. Added a Land and Sea Shifting Prop and now another shifting prop
6. New interior
7. New glassed in floor with lifetime wood
8. High rise manifold
9. 4BBL Carb
10. Foldable Ski Tower with lights and anchor light
11. New Stereo
12. Docking lights
13. Flip up running light
14. Ladder that extends from ski platform to pavement.
15. Storage under the sun platform.
16. LOTS OF MAINTENANCE (starters, Generators, waterpump, belts, exhaust manifolds, power trim power unit, power steering pump, storage areas, wood, etc.)
17. Massive stereo with speakers, mp3 jack, etc.)
18. Lots of little touches here and there.

Trailer has had new drop axle and trailer brakes added.

This boat is fast now. Zero to 30 in about 3.5 Seconds, GPS speed of 60+ due to shifting prop, high angle on lower unit, trim tabs (actually runs back on the tabs now. Very nice to drive in rough water as I can trim tab down, kick lower unit up, plane with bow high at about 14MPH. This is the only way I can deal with cruiser wakes on the Ohio. Otherwise, it would be a very wet ride.

The boat has been all over the South, 20 miles into the Gulf, and now lives near Cincinnati, OH.

I did all the work myself except the interior sewing, the floor, and the tower.

Gelcoat is cracking a bit in spots, but the boat looks fantastic and I still love it.

I just bought a 280 Sea Ray Sundancer to use as a base boat for my real joy of this run-about, wakeboard, ski, etc.

traben

Cadet
Re: 180SE 1990 Owner in Cincinnati OH.

i just bought an 1991 180se glasstream this past winter but mine has the 3.0 love the boat...