175 mph and commin hard

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Folks this is going to be tough but i thik were about ready. please just keep us in your prayers and we will be just fine. if i get a chance to get back on here i will if not will see ya in the funny papers. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 175 mph and commin hard

It is done RP along with everyone else in it's way.<br />Be safe.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Reel Poor: you are in our thoughts this side of the pond.<br />Just hope it works ok for all of you getting battered by that storm.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

You got it. You'll be in my prayers until I hear you're all okay.<br />Bassy

KaGee

Admiral

You and all the others RP.Be Safe.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

They predicting if the storm stays on its projected path wil will still see about 140mph sustained winds for 8 to 12 hours. I will admit im a little nervous. Hadnt seen anything like this sence Camill and it was total devistation along the coastline but it was a direct hit also. All we can do is wait and watch. I would not wish this on anyone else. Im just ready for tuesday morning to get here. Camill put a 27 foot storm surge here and they are predicting 20 to 25 foot now. <br /><br />Maybe if all of you would exhale to the south at the same time we could blow it out. :D

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Robby6950:<br />
Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br /> Maybe if all of you would exhale to the south at the same time we could blow it out. :D
Keep up with the humor, and look out for your friends an neighbors. I'm watching the weather channel now, and this storm is a monster. I wish you the best......my prayers are with you all down there. Robby

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Holy chit!.... That sucker's a monster.... You hang on, Reel Poor!...<br /><br />Got my fingers crossed in hopes she pooters out before she landfalls.....

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have never seen a weather forecast like this. My heart is heavy. Here it is: <br /><br />URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE <br />NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA <br />1011 AM CDT SUN AUG 28 2005 <br /><br />...DEVASTATING DAMAGE EXPECTED... <br /><br />.HURRICANE KATRINA...A MOST POWERFUL HURRICANE WITH UNPRECEDENTED <br />STRENGTH...RIVALING THE INTENSITY OF HURRICANE CAMILLE OF 1969. <br /><br />MOST OF THE AREA WILL BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS...PERHAPS LONGER. AT <br />LEAST ONE HALF OF WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES WILL HAVE ROOF AND WALL <br />FAILURE. ALL GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL...LEAVING THOSE HOMES SEVERELY <br />DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. <br /><br />THE MAJORITY OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL. <br />PARTIAL TO COMPLETE WALL AND ROOF FAILURE IS EXPECTED. ALL WOOD <br />FRAMED LOW RISING APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL BE DESTROYED. CONCRETE <br />BLOCK LOW RISE APARTMENTS WILL SUSTAIN MAJOR DAMAGE...INCLUDING SOME <br />WALL AND ROOF FAILURE. <br /><br />HIGH RISE OFFICE AND APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL SWAY DANGEROUSLY...A <br />FEW TO THE POINT OF TOTAL COLLAPSE. ALL WINDOWS WILL BLOW OUT. <br /><br />AIRBORNE DEBRIS WILL BE WIDESPREAD...AND MAY INCLUDE HEAVY ITEMS SUCH <br />AS HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES AND EVEN LIGHT VEHICLES. SPORT UTILITY <br />VEHICLES AND LIGHT TRUCKS WILL BE MOVED. THE BLOWN DEBRIS WILL CREATE <br />ADDITIONAL DESTRUCTION. PERSONS...PETS...AND LIVESTOCK EXPOSED TO THE <br />WINDS WILL FACE CERTAIN DEATH IF STRUCK. <br /><br />POWER OUTAGES WILL LAST FOR WEEKS...AS MOST POWER POLES WILL BE DOWN <br />AND TRANSFORMERS DESTROYED. WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING <br />INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS. <br /><br />THE VAST MAJORITY OF NATIVE TREES WILL BE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED. ONLY <br />THE HEARTIEST WILL REMAIN STANDING...BUT BE TOTALLY DEFOLIATED. FEW <br />CROPS WILL REMAIN. LIVESTOCK LEFT EXPOSED TO THE WINDS WILL BE <br />KILLED. <br /><br />AN INLAND HURRICANE WIND WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR <br />HURRICANE FORCE...OR FREQUENT GUSTS AT OR ABOVE HURRICANE FORCE...ARE <br />CERTAIN WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. <br /><br />ONCE TROPICAL STORM AND HURRICANE FORCE WINDS ONSET...DO NOT VENTURE <br />OUTSIDE!

aspeck

Staff member

Stay safe, RP, and all others from that area! Our prayers are with you!

ChaosDad

Seaman Apprentice

Reel Poor, stay safe, going to be sending a couple of service techs down that way Tuesday if all goes well. <br />If ya need anything, and anyway you can contact out. let me know what you guys need.<br />.Dwight.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Prayers from me too! Current winds are stable at 175 mph, gusts are still registering just above 200 mph. Pressure at the center has dropped to 902 mb, the main updraft appears to be moving towards very warm waters just south of N.O., where the surface temps are above 90 degrees. It's getting stronger.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Good luck bud. Hold on tight to the ones you love and our thought are with you all.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

OK guy this will most likely be my last post till we get thru this little bump in the road. Gotta say thanks for all the concern and prayers. And for those of you north and east of us yall also be save and watch for bad weather. For anyone that may be interested, our location is on US Hwy 49 about 4.5 miles north of Interstate 10 and about 1/4 mile south of State Hwy 53. <br /><br />
quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br />Maybe if all of you would exhale to the south at the same time we could blow it out. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Keep up with the humor, and look out for your friends an neighbors. I'm watching the weather channel now, and this storm is a monster. I wish you the best......my prayers are with you all done there. Robby
Hey keep it up guys its starting to work a little. Sustained winds are down right now to about 160 mph. Weeeeeewwwwww......Thats still rough. :confused: <br /><br />We are also on a priority power grid at this location so maybe we will have power for a while. Also maybe we will be some of the first back up if we dont loose our feed from the poles at the street.<br /><br />We also have lots of friends staying in less than ideal shelters :mad: so please keep them and everyone in the path of this red monster in mind.<br /><br />Thanks alot, and im sure I will be having "iboat DT's" before the power comes back on.

islandboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Reel Poor, I'm only about 2 miles south of you. I felt bad for the guys way up north that had short boating seasons due to the cold weather, but I guess this makes up for our year round boating season.<br /> Got my boat on the north side of the house. If the house makes it, I hope the T-top can handle 130 mph winds. I know it will handle 70 mph, but 130mph is another ballgame. I'll be watching the boat through a 4" hole in the boards covering our windows. <br />We already have 40' sees where I was fishing last week and the storm is still 10 hours away.

JasonB

Lieutenant

In my prayers. Hang on tight RP and everyone left in that area. I'm in Middle Tennessee and I'm dreading what the're forcasting we will get from this beast. I've been out battening everything down for 50mph winds. I can't begin to imagine what you guys are going through. <br /><br />One forcaster just said that Katrina has slowed a bit and a high level system over Texas may interfere with it and possibly bring it down to a Cat4. Not much help, but would be better than a 5. I pray this comes to pass.<br /><br />Hunker down and stay safe.