FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am trading my pickup in on either a gmc Yukon or acadia. I am leaning towards the acadia but will it be adequate to pull my boat? I am concerned with safety and stability. Thank you.
Simple as can be... Take the boat to any major truck stop, landfill, co'op, etc with a scale... Weigh it.... Purchase a vehicle rated to tow that weight.
On nadaguides the heaviest 17' is 1165. Figure 450 for engine with SS prop. i don't see that rig weighing over 2700 lbs with trailer and gas and stuff - it's probably more like 2500. I don't see a problem pulling it. Our 2wd Pilot pulls our 2600 lbs setup like its not even there - sometimes I forget I'm towing. But like Smoke said - just go to the truck station and get it weighed - it costs about 15 bucks to do it