16HP WESTBEND

NASCARKP44

Recruit
HEY MAYBE YOU COULD TELL ME WHO MADE THIS MOTOR AND I WOULD LIKE TO REBUILD IT THIS WINTER[I HATE THAT WORD].IS THERE SOME PLACE I CAN GET A MANUAL. THANKS BRUCE

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 16HP WESTBEND

Hi,<br />Westbend did.In Westbend WI. I could look to see if they still make an aftermarket one or if mine are loose leaf one I could make one.<br />Parts will be a real challange to find. I would work on the parts as pistons,rings, ect<br />are hard to come by from what I know.<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />cubic inches = power<br />power = speed<br />speed = FUN

NASCARKP44

Recruit

HEY CORN.THANKS IT RUNS GOOD BUT I WOULD LIKE TO PUT NEW RINGS.BEARINGS.MAYBE CARB.REBUILT.BUT A MANUAL WOULD BE GREAT TO START WITH I WOULD APPREICATE IF YOU COULD CKECK INTO IT THANKS AGAIN BRUCE

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi Bruce,<br />That motor only had 90 lbs of compression<br />when new so it may not need to be rebuilt.<br />I've never looked for parts for one. Major<br />parts will be hard to find. I may have a waterpump and seals. Points & condencers,but<br />no pistons,rings, or rod bearings for the powerhead. No gaskets either. On the bright side I should have carb parts and ing parts<br />along with the pump. Also I can get you a copied manual If you need it. I'll look for <br />some major powerhead parts also,but I hope you know where to et them.<br />...have fun...corm