FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I thought it would be too much motor for such a light boat, but it really does well. You leap out of the hole and once on plane you can pull back on the throttle and run along no problems. I also thought the weight would make it sit bow up but it sits pretty flat. mine has the 85 Johnson on it.
There is about a 50 lbs diff between a 70 with TnT and a 90 with TnT (late 80's vintage). But a 70 with a triple is a little more top heavy as it's inline 3 is a little higher than the V4 config. My family has run a 87 70 rude --- great motor no doubt... but rougher than the 90 jonny I have. 90 is beefier... can't comment yet on how it will do... just some aditional info!!!
Weight does not seem to be much of an issue. I had a 70hp on my 16SS, and when it went south, I put an 85 on it. It has great power and speed. You can back of the throttle quite a bit once on plane.