150 Evinrude Ficht 2004

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Twin 150 Ficht, both only go to 2500 and then cut out.
Any suggestions or ideas?
Any other repair forums or places ?
The only place in the treasure coast area keeps putting the owner off, first appointment was Jan 10 then next week and again next week.
ANY HELP would be appreciated.
The owner got bent over a barrel when he bought this boat.
The dealer said IT RUNS GREAT.
Boat has set for over 5 years. :(
Over 20K and it only goes 5mp.
THANKS!!

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
if BOTH cut out at the same time look for a common problem...fuel ! hoses tank filt tank filter venting etc... power ??

the rest is for single engine failure possibilities.....

have you done the basics... checked fuel delivery ..filters . that engine seems to have a vapor separtor much like the newer ETEC VST 2005 + .

not shown on some parts diagram is a small conical filter in the fuel route at the bottom of the VST which can and could be plugged with "old" hose residues. VST nipples are brittle DO NOT FORCE $$$$ . you can pull it out with just a large wood screw .. turn & pull it out )
it could be shutting due to overheat ... changed the impeller yet ??

your engine has Power distribution panel known to have bad B+ solder joints easy to fix if your are handy with a soldering iron.

you could try to get the maintenance software and look in for fault codes which would point you in the proper direction to happiness. Do searches on the ETEC board to find postings on free EV diagnostic SW download links .

the computer checks a lot of symptoms and without "looking in" with the support software you are basically blind.

FICHT engines seem to have bad reputation yet some love them. If the engine slepped for 5 years .. or more... anything goes I guess .

The etec owner' board does not support FICHT owners... but you could do searches on previous posts to located the EV diagnostic SW you can download free . there is lots of info on how to use the SW

Attachments

• vst -fuel flow.JPG
    vst -fuel flow.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 2
  • vst#7.JPG
    vst#7.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 2
  • PDP ficht 2002.PNG
    PDP ficht 2002.PNG
    376.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Thanks,
New fuel lines, port motor=removed vapor sep. and cleaned it.
New impellers both motors.
New fuel lines and filters.
Comp great, both motors.
New oil lines and tanks cleaned.

The boot strap tool? why would I buy that?

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
see descrp.. if you ever need it my understanding is that the boot strap cable goes beyond the regular triangle access cable.. on my 2005 ETEC anyway. maybe FICHTs are different ... the triangular cable access is less.... dangerous EMM brain access and transplants wise

Bootstrap tool for Evinrude Outboard Engines​

Bootstrap tool (brp p/n 586551) is an evinrude tool for updating and restoring emm in evinrude outboards.

With this tool you could do:​

• emm software update (user could upload newest engine map software updates to the e-tec emm),
  • emm recovery (user could bring the emm system back to a communicating level),
  • replace oil pump,
  • replace injector and write injector data file to emm.
With this tool, you will get a cd with newest map packages for evinrude e-tec outboards, diagnostic sw with latest updates and quick manual how to use this tool.
boot cable is for serious brain surgery .
you can do searches on the ETEC owners site GEB is the man imho SW wise lots of ETEC experts there but they don't usually help out on FICHT engines but....a lot of their posted comments and links can help out.

at best with the basic SW version (I have v 5.1) you can at least see if you trouble codes causing shut downs. I do not have both lists but FICHT and ETEC fault codes are somewhat similar.

I don't me to teach if you know all this stuff with 17k messages