15 HP Evinrude

geraldgold

Cadet
Does anyone have a picture or can show me where the overboard water indicator hole is on my 15 hp. Thank you very much,<br /> New to the Evinrude

BF

Lieutenant
Re: 15 HP Evinrude

Hi,<br /><br />What year? Some years 75-77 or so they didn't have one. If there is a tell-tale, it is on the starboard (gearshift) side on the lower pan (the blue (?) part) near the rear. (sort of on the underside) It's a little plastic disk with a hole in it. You can see the water hose connecting to it with the cowling off.<br /><br />If you're new to that motor you should read this if you haven't already. <br /><br /> 15 hp article <br /><br />take care.<br /><br />Brent

geraldgold

Cadet

I am not sure of the year, however here is the model number E15ECNC. I have read the article you gave me on the maintenance and am still confused of the where abouts of this hole. I would prefer a picture. <br /> Thanks

phatmanmike

Captain

0.jpg
<br /><br />wait a minute for the pic to load, it take a few seconds ro so, about 30 sec.sassssssssssss

geraldgold

Cadet

I appreciate the pic. I did start it up and did not notice any water coming out of it. Should there be a constant flow similar to the Johnsons that I have worked with in the past?

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Did you have muffs on it or in a tank? If not try that. In either case it is time to replace the water pump.