14' cabin on 29' Crest III

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luckyjr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
design1234z1.jpg
design1234f.jpg
800 x6001.jpg

This is where I am and this is where I am going. 1989 29' Crest 3. Motor 1976 low hr 135 Evinrude.
I have most everything in and ready. I ordered the floor today and it be made of steel. Weighs a few more pounds than 3/4 marine plywood. I can't even think about my grand kids playing on arsenic floors. I was told on another forum the carpet would protect them. Get out of town.
It cost about the same. Lot cheaper than other life time decks. Using some different products for the cabin that will be covered later.:confused:

Last edited:

sfy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 14' cabin on 29' Crest III

sounds like an ambitious project you have before you. one thing i wonder about is the total weight you will be adding to the boat. where it is a 29 footer, that does leave you room to move it front or back to balance it out,but have you checked how much all these additions will weigh altogether?

luckyjr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

There will be less than 700 lbs additional weight without the holding tanks. The studs weigh less than 1/2 pound per foot. The 1/8" Aluminum clad siding weighs 35 lbs for a 4' x 8' sheet. I have 8' x 25' deck. All but 30" will start 30" from the back of the deck and then forward. Meaning 9.5 ft up is center line of the deck. Since the deck furniture is up front it should be a good balance but if some of it needs to go,it will. Feels like my old pilot days when figuring the envelope. The useful load is 3050 lbs. Most of the time it will just her, our dog and myself. Me at 240 and dusty, my lab, at 100 and wife at ? she would kill me. Thanks for your comments and take care.

sfy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

not too bad, weight wise. please keep us posted, and of course include pictures. good luck, have fun.

luckyjr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
5 hrs and plywood floors gone.

5 hrs and plywood floors gone.

boats19.jpgboats18.jpg

Cutting on each side of the cross member is the way go. Then getting a crowbar and ripping the plywood up off the cross members. Used my hand grinder to cut the bolts.
Steel floor should be in this week. The cross members are 93" and I am going to make them 108 or 114" have not made up my mind yet. 28' crest III 135 Evinrude

Last edited:

luckyjr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
paintg toons w/ dupont itching system and sandg

paintg toons w/ dupont itching system and sandg

thanks for getting me straight, next day, deceided to paint toons. Things are looking good. My choices fyi Dupont itching primer part 1 and part 2.
Finish coat Metalic silver, ford color 2 gtrs... Pressure wash, sand 150 grit, acetone, pressure wash, prime, finish coat.

Total $102 including tex tax at Rielly's auto parts who mix paint.

made a bad choice here. not the right paint. Went with Brightside now.

Attachments

• paint etching boat small.jpg
    paint etching boat small.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

luckyjr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Big News in Pontoon Industry 1st time lifetime pontoon floor at low cost.

Big News in Pontoon Industry 1st time lifetime pontoon floor at low cost.

nikon 038s.jpg
This is what I came up for my floor. I guess my 45
yrs in the metal business helped. 8'6" 26' floor weighs 595lbs

Carpet Next, then cabin. Roof of cabin well have new concept material waterproof design.