120 looper new carbs and over heat horn sounding

robert.barnes

Seaman
Re: 120 looper new carbs and over heat horn sounding

i can find all the parts except the starboard t stat cover is it the same as the one i have and what hoses do remove and plug

robert.barnes

Seaman

sorry port side i can get the starbord side and it looks to be a block off plate

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The caps are the same from side to side as are the springs. But you'll need to keep the cap and spring from the same year as a set. There are different cap depths and spring strengths. They'll all work but we need to keep them from the same year.

robert.barnes

Seaman

ok ordered all the stuff off a 93 ordered t-stats (black) springs gaskets and caps. i think from what i have gathered i need to block off the hose coming from the mid section below the power head on the starboard side and use the hose coming from the top of the power head port side for the tell tell hose is this right

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Yep. The hose coming from the adaptor plate going to the water control valve may have your water pressure gauge line T'd in. Just remove the valve and plug the end of the line that went to the valve.

robert.barnes

Seaman

yes sir my water pressure is tied into that line can i just conect the guage to that outlet or do i need to plug it and tie into the line going to the tell tell

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Absolutely, just connect the gauge line to the fitting in the adaptor plate.

robert.barnes

Seaman

dale went to lake retimed motor to 22 degrees made two laps around lake 5 min and over heat horn went off starbord side cold port side hot ( all this with no thermostats

robert.barnes

Seaman

ok dale checked every thing over and al jets look ok ( the same ) carbs were cleaned before put on. gaskets look ok ( just looking did not see any sticking out. ran compression 1 and 2 are 135 3 and 4 are 140. i dont know what could be causing this motor to get hot on port side with out the t stat. still running the white houseing just no guts in it. by the way motor did run beter with timimg adjust did the old back the boat in half way and fire it up got 22 degrees at 4700 rpm

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Does the white housing still have the little "legs" on it? The 3 fins that go into the grommet.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

How much water pressure do you have?

robert.barnes

Seaman

about 5 pounds at idle about 20 to 25 at wide open yes fins are still there put new water pump in with rebuild about 30 hours ago

robert.barnes

Seaman

ok dale i took carbs off recleaned saw nothing to worry about pulled t-stat housing out put on muffs started motor both port and starboard side had water flowing out so no blockage even let water go down head to see if it ran out ran out fine were else do i look for this port side getting hot

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

You need to get the black t-stats or at least cut those fins off the white ones.

robert.barnes

Seaman

ok ill try that it is going to be a couple of weeks before i get my new thermo set up ( shop had to order parts befor they could send them to me ) just was wanted to know what do the fins do to cause a prob i am sure u know what u r talking about i just cant figure it. out and would like to understand ( air lock or something)