12 footer

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 12 footer

Seajay, Don't nag. Bad forum protocol. It's like butting in line. Ticks some of us off.<br /><br />Your question is out there. Whomever has an answer will respond without prompting. If we don't respond, we don't have an answer.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Well,ya I guess it does. I just got in from the garage.I logon several times over the course of the night to this site (because I am addicted).When you aren't online all the time,and come back about 24hours later and see all the posts...But don't feel like you are the only one who got caught doing that. Many do, so no biggie. But do leave time to answer.Another "tip", is post in the same thread to the same problem.It gets confusing when someone posts multiple threads on the same engine.Now, in answer to your question,I have no idea. If it is like the oder models,the adjustment is under the rubber grip's cap. It will be a nut with a screw in the center. Loosen the nut,adjust the screw unti it is looser than you want by just a bit.Then re-tighten the locknut.. If it is not there, (under the cap), look at the outboard-end of the tiller,and look for a tensioner there. It may be, that it just needs a little lubing. Undo it from the carb (it is attached in the same way as some bike hand break cables, if you can picture that.<br />Try it dosconnected, and see if the tension is still there when u twist. If i isn't, the problem IS in the carb mechanism.However,I would be suprised if the problem was there.<br />They don't sieze-up there under normal use usualy.<br />Good luck<br />And standby for other, more on-track replies..The guys here are great. And someone,no doubt, has run into the same thing you have on the exact same egine.

seajay

Seaman Apprentice

My apologies captains. I apreciate all of your efforts and advise.