115 mercury carb problems

zalabala

Cadet
on my inline 6 my bottom carb has no draw what could this be? I have good compression
and good reeds.

Dave1027

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Since nobody else has offered any help, I'll take a stab at it.
I'm thinking leaking lower crankshaft seal?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
With leaking crankshaft seals, he would get water in the lower two cylinders, and they usually do not fire. Water will manifest as droplets on spark plugs.

Maybe a leaky crankcase cover? Loose endcap bolts?

zalabala

Cadet
With leaking crankshaft seals, he would get water in the lower two cylinders, and they usually do not fire. Water will manifest as droplets on spark plugs.

Maybe a leaky crankcase cover? Loose endcap bolts?
Problem found exhaust was full of dirt Dobers nest all the way up to piston ports also sand from dirt Dobers ate out main seal I'll try to post some pics.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gee, how did they manage to live in that environment with carbon, exhaust and oil everywhere.

BrianVT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Problem found exhaust was full of dirt Dobers nest all the way up to piston ports also sand from dirt Dobers ate out main seal I'll try to post some pics.
Sons o' bitches!
I got a smoking deal on a Stihl chainsaw that a guy gave up on.
You guessed it. Dobers had plugged the exhaust tube. Reamed that out and I had a like-new saw.
You won't find this stuff in your repair manuals.
:)

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
So if your cylinder has no ability to exhaust, it will have no intake either.

Relentless bugs....or you have a clean engine. A clean engine is a sign that you do not boat enough.

zalabala

Cadet
So if your cylinder has no ability to exhaust, it will have no intake either.

Relentless bugs....or you have a clean engine. A clean engine is a sign that you do not boat enough.
I had moved and boat was in storage for 3 yrs

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I had moved and boat was in storage for 3 yrs

Yeah, that's never a good sign. Boats in storage for longer than 1 year is hard on equipment. Life happens but so does bug invasions. If it doesn't move it must be part of the land and thus an invitation for them to move in.

Try starting any modern automobile with +2 year old E10 gas in the lines and expect it to run right, it won't and possibly won't even attempt to run.

The adage is use it or sell it because otherwise it will be a stationary object just eating your money away. Boats do not save you money sitting in storage. All that lack of use and past due maintenance required catches up with people.