115 4 Stroke Start up beep

pokman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,

I have a 03 115 4 sroke that I recently bought. Motor runs great, I have the quicksilver classic 3000 control box. My question is when I start it there is no quick start up beep like I had on my previous outboards. I actually asked the mechanic who did the checkup on the outboard about this and he said these do not beep on start up just for overheat/low oil. So do any of you guys have this setup-I am just curious because I thought all outboards did a startup beep.

raymor

Seaman
Re: 115 4 Stroke Start up beep

I have a 2005 115 hp and I have no start-up beep. The upper portion of the motor is built by Yamaha not Mercury.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I just trashed out a 3000 and the beeper is in the wiring harness close to the control. You may be used to the 2000 or newer versions of the 2000 which I just bought and love over the 3000 and the beeper is contained therein. So....I suppose there is no beeper wired into your harness. My serv manual says that the horn connects to the tan and purple wires....tan to the sensor(s) and purple is switched 12v from your engine run switch.

HTH,

Mark

pokman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys I tested my horn by turning the lanyard switch to off and turning the key on-and it works great. I did a little more searching and found a few more guys who says there is no startup beep. I was pretty sure it doesn't do a startup beep but thought I would ask anyway-thanks again