10 year old apex boat.. A-8.. maybe buy, but seams coming apart ?

Lund_bC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi, I was just looking at a Apex 8 ft inflatable with a v hull fiberglass... everything looked good, 10 year old nissan run nice, but the boat on the bottom, I noticed in a couple places at the rear on the tubes the seams coming apart, can pull up about half an inch there, and someone has epoxy painted over it all...

Not sure I should consider this boat anymore, but what do you you guys think? $1400 with 8hp nissan in good shape..

are the seams welded on these boats and are the pvc ? Is this fixable or should I pass, i don't need another junker...

Thanks

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: 10 year old apex boat.. A-8.. maybe buy, but seams coming apart ?

Run away and sadly it is a Hypalon boat.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Can you post pics of the seam problem ? Best than 100 written words. Being Hypalon made fabric, if still in good shape, that is not burned or abraded or severely patched, will have another ten years use, you could make a hostile $$$ offer due to having "issues" buy the combo cheap and repair it. Is the rib losing air through seam ? Probably it's just the exterior patch, a piece of cake to patch being hand glued, not welded.

Happy Boating

Lund_bC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can you post pics of the seam problem ? Best than 100 written words. Being Hypalon made fabric, if still in good shape, that is not burned or abraded or severely patched, will have another ten years use, you could make a hostile $$$ offer due to having "issues" buy the combo cheap and repair it. Is the rib losing air through seam ? Probably it's just the exterior patch, a piece of cake to patch being hand glued, not welded.

Happy Boating

It isn't supposed to be losing any air the seller says, can't get pics, it is the seam where it is welded or glued or whatever they did, it's coming apart in a few places, for a couple of inches long and I can stick my pinky finger tip under, on the bottom, most of it looks good, it's not pulling apart it is like it is starting to pull apart and someone did some repairs like painted black paint over one third the bottom..

I would think it has a defect or was left in some water and kind of hurt it in that area, thing is these little boats go for 3500 new and the motor is nice..

Seems like a deal but all I need is a new boat falling apart at the seams lol...

It seams like the whole top and sides are good and most of the bottom... it's just one spot that seems to be suffering a little weird for a boat like this only 10 years old..

Umm..