'08 Yamaha 4 stroke alarm

sporter

Cadet
Quite often when coming off plane and throttling back I hear an intermittent beep alarm for a few seconds, since I have no gauges I don't know what it is, I assume oil pressure or overheat, my dealer says the engine "does not throw a code" on his computer and says not to worry about it. Do you guys have any other advice?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: '08 Yamaha 4 stroke alarm

mmmmm
could it be an F2.5hp or maybe an F350 ?
or maybe something in between ?

sporter

Cadet

Oh, since I inadvertantly left off the H.P. all you could give was a smart***** answer, now that you have the H.P. what's the excuse?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

excuse?
cause last night I stopped by the Blue Crab and once home I had better things to do than sit at the keyboard.
look carefully at the engine fuel filter cup,if it has a two lead set of wires it has a water detect function.
if it has water detect then unplug it and retest.
if anything on the engine is setting the alarm the laptop will catch it.
you may have to test run it with the laptop connected as it may not store the code only display it while the alarm is active.
Yamaha doesnt use an intermittant alarm for any functions.
you may have a rigging issue.
thats why we try to rig all our stuff correctly,meaning with the correct gauges so the operator has a chance at a clue anyway.
why would anyone buy a very high performance fuel injected four stroke that operates between 5000-6000 RPM with no tachometer nor any alarm systems?
all the alarms, except water detect, on the yamahas will cause an RPM reduction condition and display on the correct meters. most EFI that are laptop capeable will display in red the abnormal condition but only while the condition is active.