06 Sun Tracker

USMC-MP

Recruit
I just got a 06 Sun Tracker with a Mercury 90. Its been sitting for about 1-2 years and im having two problems and I feel like one of the problems may fix if the other is fixed.
Problem one - Engine turns over but wint start-
I have done the following:
Changed the spark plugs and gapped correctly
pumped out most of the fuel and added 5 gallons of premium fuel with a cleaner additave
removed the fuel filter and only inspected it and sprayed in some sea foam and replaced
pumped the primer bulb and opend the air valve on the gas cap.
Checked the plugs to make sure its firing
Ensured the kill switch tether cord is in place
Still not starting....

Problem 2
When I turn on the key it appears im not getting power to the following:
fuel gauge shows empty
Accessory switch, aeriator switch and safety light switch wont light up, nor will the horn work. Aeriator pump doesnt come on either. Nothing is connected to the accessory switch.
Stereo will not power up
I have done the following:
Checked all the fuses and the breaker at the battery and fuse block and there all good.
Checked to see if power is getting to the switches and there is.
There are actually 2 hot (12v) going in the horn switch and to the horn.
Still no power. The lights on all the gauges work and the volt gauge is reading. Trim up and down on the motor is working.
There is a metal plate on the gas tank with two wires going to it and they are both hot (12v)

Can anyone help me to find the magic switch so we can crestin this poor mans yahat. Its late and I cant spell tonight. Thank you.

USMC-MP

Recruit
Re: 06 Sun Tracker

ok, we determined the fuel pump is bad today. I have taken it apart and now looking. Any ideas on where the best place is to find this pump, im not have any luck finding it.

aksor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The fuel pump is rebuildable all you need is the gaskets and diapraghm then use a putty knife to help keep the spring compressed during reassembly
Your ignition switch might be faulty do you get sprark, did y o u check compression, u need 3 things fuel, compression and spark

USMC-MP

Recruit

Hello, Thank you for the help. I dropped the fuel pumps and the housing off at my local Authorized Mercury service center that just happend to be a mile up the road. The will have it ready at 9am tomorrow. I am confident ill have a running engine tomorrow. The one pump was heavely corrowed and the other in a seperate chamber looked new. It was parked before it ever had current fuel with ethenol in it so the repairs were minimal. I did have spark, the only thing I havent been able to confirm is the condition of the EFI system.