06 mercruiser 4.3 no power to guages

troy lee

Cadet
after troubleshooting and getting my engine to start now I have no power to the gages on dash. anyone got a guide to fuse box or know if it's an inline fuse. 06 mercruiser 0w656261 4.3 tks

Fun Times

Staff member
Does the engine start still? but no power to the gauges?

troy lee

Cadet
Does the engine start still? but no power to the gauges?
yes engine starts and stays running. had problem keeping running after turn over..found one of the 2 purple wires disconnected from ignition switch..but now no power to guages.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
yes engine starts and stays running. had problem keeping running after turn over..found one of the 2 purple wires disconnected from ignition switch..but now no power to guages.
Purple wire feeds the gauges and supplies ignition. If it runs (and also turns off, thanks TKS), your problem is probably there. Gauges are often (always?) daisy chained, so if the first gauge isn't powered, none of them will be.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
purple from the switch connects to the purple wire that is daisey chained thru the gauges, the other goes to the main harnes to the engine

troy lee

Cadet
both purple wires are connected to the ignition switch...What a mess of wires under there. I'm going to start cutting zip ties and dive in.