05 sea ray 200 top speed

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer
"almost sounds as if they knew something was wrong with it"...

Have you checked the lube in the outdrive?

--I sold our Chap thru the same broker we bought the Regal from. About a month later I see my old girl being loaded up on the trailer. Afterward I had a chat with the new owners...

one thing that was brought up- "we REALLY love the boat, but I thought it would faster."
What? Whats your top end?
"41"...
That's not right, this boat cruises at 41, and should hit 49-50...

We walked around to the back of the boat and my heart sank-- the drive was coated in 'mayonnaise'.
This guy had the broker change all the fluids, and they left the dipstick loose, or forgot to put in back in altogether.

---I've had 2 lowers in my life, an OMC and a Merc outboard, that took on water rather quickly. The dealer (salesman) who sold us the boat with the OMC TOLD us the outdrive had recently been re-sealed. Yeah, right. The drive lube was fresh & clean when we bought it. After the first day out, about 4 hours worth, the lube looked like chocolate milk.

I HOPE that's not your problem, but check your lube for water.

pacman78

Cadet
thanks for all the info its going to a mercruiser dealer tomorrow the boat will not go over 4300 rpm without a beep alarm and knocking my rpms down. he is going to see if there are any codes he said sounds like it in some kinda of safety mode so hope its nothing major