Starcraft Islander 19'

wausau

Cadet
I am looking at a 1985 19' Islander and would appreciate any feedback you may have. This boat has a 120 IO
and I would be fishing with 4 people. I don't care about speed however wondering if this boat can get up on the step with 4 adults.
Thanks

dozerII

Admiral
Re: Starcraft Islander 19'

The 120 is a great motor, and the Islander a great boat, so long as it has a Mercruiser you will be good to go.
Glen

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

I am never going to say getting to "plane" again... It will now always be "get up on the step"...that sounds so much cooler!

Good luck with the boat! And thanks for the phrase.

airshot

Rear Admiral

Should not be a problem providing the engine is performing proper and having the correct prop. I have a 22' Islander with the 140 hp and have no difficulty getting on "step" with 6 adults, when we go for an evening cruise we have had 8 on board and still capable of 28 mph. You will not yank up a skier with 6 on board but will definately get up on plane.

Airshot

outdoor max

Cadet

Should be no problem at all my 22ft with a 120 mercruiser will get up on plane easily with 5 big guy and all fishing equipment.

Brenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

yeah that should be fine power wise

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Post some pictures of her. I really like the Islander series.

airshot

Rear Admiral

Outdoor max...
Cool looking boat pic you have there, looks just like mine!! Mine is an 83 with the 140 hp, have seen very few islanders without the side windows like yours and mine. Most practical and pleasurable boat I have ever owned.

Airshot

outdoor max

Cadet

Mine is an 84. I bought it late last summer so I didn't get to use it much. This summer I have used it almost every weekend. It is all that I expected and more. The ultimate fishing machine.

Max

Petemar

Cadet

Couldn't agree more. Have an 87 Islander with the 120 hp Mercruiser. Both in great condition. With four people on board she tops out at 25 mph but rarely can use the speed around the Great Lakes especially if there is wind. It is although great for getting into some inlets when the waves and wind are up.