Glasspar Avalon 1966 pricing

Jmactsd

Recruit
I’m trying to figure out how to price. Classic boat in good condition with 2016 60hp elec outboard and a saltwater trailer with a swing tongue trailer to save space. Trailer is 2016 King saltwater trailer.
I live in the Gig Harbor area of WA state.
Im looking for how to price the package…thoughts?

airshot

Rear Admiral
A lot will depend on how much rotted wood is in the transom and stringers. This will be the first thing people will want to know. Is the seller going to allow the structure to be tested ??

airshot

Rear Admiral
No rot, etc. always kept in garage or covered.
Not a guarantee of no rot without testing. Not being coarse here, but at that age, any buyer with boat knowledge will expect to be able to test the structure or they will walk away. Some small core samples would prove the structure is solid.....just warning you, a buyer is going to want proof or the offer will be for motor and trailer only.

matt167

Captain
Water ready. Probably $6k on a lucky day. Realistically probably half that

You’re going to find a decent amount of interest with fishermen wanting to chop it up into a fishing boat and pay very little for it

cyclops222

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If I was buying wine ? 1966 would be a good year.
Boat used in saltwater.
Never buy it.

mr 88

Commander
Whatever the motor and trailer are worth is where I would start . The hull by itself in my world , is 500 to , if pristine ,1000 .00 . And then you have to find the right ass for the seat . Nothing special about a 66 Glaspar Avalon .