FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Update...there is/was backing plates under both captain's chairs. The bolts in both chairs were too short. Whomever replaced the pedestals did not engage the backing plates. One chair I drilled to 1/2" and inserted togglers because the backing plate must have fallen down. I am so lucky on the...
No back flow prevention on the dock side. There are RV style pressure regulators on the boat input. Yeah, I've not seen this before. A mechanic suggested I cut the neighbors off and fit a female repair on his. That plus a new hose on my side. Back in business, thank you for the reply!!
I am replacing a leaky water hose, it connects dock water to the boat. The picture shows my dock side hose on left, neighbor on right. Corrosion unscrewed the ball joint when I tried to take off my hose. I thought I'll just replace the Y joint, that will work for my hose. The neighbor hose looks...
I have removed the captain's chair and pedestal to put a new pedestal in. The pedestal was very secure, just corroded. It was difficult, had to use upward force on most of the 2 1/2 ss bolts to get them out. I thought would be easy swap but I am faced with not knowing how these held the pedestal...