FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have heard that the moving brackets for Kickers will eventually break and it is in my best interest to use a stationary bracket. If I run my inboard and not the kicker, than I have to have the kicker out of the water or I will destroy the bearings in my lower unit? Is there a way around...
I have the Lowrance 25c and getting a message the GPS is not responding. I was told that the GPS unit needs to be powered but from what I can gather the NMEA 2000 unit needs to be powered, which I do not have. Has anyone had similar issues or have an idea on this?
Thankks.
I have a 23' Penn Yan Sportfisherman that is very slow for it's size and 350 motor. I was told Tunnel Drives were slow but I figured it would at least get to 20mph. The wake behind to boat is huge which I am guessing is not right? I have played with the trim tabs to see if I could fix it but...
I have a Mercruiser 350 in a 23ft Penn Yan and I am having issue with the Battery losing voltage. I am running dual marine batteries and I cannot keep the voltage up, I end up taking one battery off and charging it and as you could imagine it is getting old.
I typically troll with my boat...
My 15HP 4 stroke Yamaha 15 got moved and was stored on the improper side for the better part of a day. I understand this will flood the oil into improper areas? Can anyone tell me a. how I can find out if this happened to my motor and b. if it did what I can do to fix it?
Thanks,
Zach