FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey yall, I have a 1989 stratos with a 3.0 omc , the problem is, is at idle the temp rises up to around 200, when I speed up, it cools off. I put new impeller in and have good water flow. I read on other topics about mercruiser, that there is an outflow valve ball and spring that could be weak...
I recently traded my bass tracker for a 1989 stratos with a 3.0 OMC in it. Ran great, no problems good oil pressure and temp stayed between right above 120 runnin it in the hose. Took it out for the first time today on the water, ran around for about an hour and was great. Good oil pressure...
I recently traded a bass tracker for a 1989 stratos 1700xl which has a OMC cobra 3 litre in it. The guy says it ran great before he winterized it and hadn't touched it this year. He's a buddy so I believe him. I bought a new battery for it and go to crank it, and the solenoid was sticking. After...
I have 70's or 80's model 20hp mercury 2 stroke. I replaced the water pump and it ran fine, took it out to the river and it ran good the whole time I was out. It say r about 3 weeks, took it back and and it's not cranking. Carb is clean. Got good gas. It has a spark. It appears to be in time, i...