FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
How do I remove "oil retainers" as I install new seal kit to 33 hp gear case?
I am doing a re-build of a 1967 Johnson 33 hp. At this stage I want to reassemble the gear case, including the Sierra 18-2686 seal kit. Included are two new oil retainers, one around the driveshaft just below the...
I have an unopened quart of Evinrude Johnson HPF Synthetic Gearcase Lube (778755) left over from a 50 hp 4-stoke Johnson I sold on my old pontoon.
Is this an appropriate lube for my 1967 Johnson 33 hp? Hate to waste it!
Thanks.
I am converting my 1967 Johnson 33 from long shaft to short:
1) One part I removed was the long bolt (304135) at rear that fastens the gearcase to the exhaust housing, including the 5" housing extension. Do I need to insert a shorter bolt here if I have removed the extension, or do the 6 smaller...
I am looking at a boat for sale that has a 40 hp Gale outboard from the early 1960's. I know this was a division of OMC. Does this suggest parts are generally available, and part numbers may even be the same as 40 hp Johnson parts?
Thanks for any help here.
I have a Johnson 33 hp, model RXE-150, in a long shaft configuration. I know the topic of long- to short-shaft has been covered before, but the conversations center on replacement driveshaft and shortening the water tube. I understand the driveshaft replacement, and the parts diagram for this...
I am restoring a 1953 Thompson Thomboy, the power for which is to be a 1967 Johnson 33 hp. My problem is the starter motor will not crank unless I jump a wire inside the junction box from the Negative terminals to the left small terminal on the starter solonoid. As I understand it, that negative...
I have a Yamaha F150 on a 22' Bennington tritoon. There are 115 problem free hours on this freshwater boat. Saturday we went tubing and I was pulling two larger fellows, running between 4,000 and 5,000 rpm. The next riders were two small girls at much slower speed. No problems, and we returned...