FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey guys, I just bought this motor that "needed a new carburetor". So I took it apart to clean it up and noticed it was missing a screw or something. The oil injection has been removed and I was wondering if they didn't plug the hole or something. I looked at the diagram and it doesn't show...
I took the four bolts out of the bottom and the nut on the back,.. what am I missing? I took the little plate off the side with the 2 flat heads and it looks like i can disconnect the shift cable there.. but its a small hole and i hate to do it and not be able to reconnect it.
I have a 1979 Johnson 35hp (35el79a that I recently transplanted to my aluminum boat from a donor boat. After re-wiring the engine, controls, and cleaning the carb it fired up with half a turn. But, I didn't see any water coming out anywhere, just some smoke. I only ran it for about 10 seconds...